I am sitting at a Starbucks in downtown Chicago watching all of the business people come grab coffee on this dreary day, while I have my luggage & am in yoga pants and UGGs waiting for the Mega Bus to come and take me back to Cleveland.
This morning marked the end of the NASPA 4E conference in Evanston, Illinois; this was the first conference since becoming a graduate student in higher ed. It was a great experience and I was able to meet many people in our region that are currently in a position that I am looking to be in once I graduate.
The theme this year was ‘reinvent. reimagine. reawaken.’ The conference chair, Anna Gonzalez (also a Delta Zeta sister of mine) challeneged us all to reinvent, reimagine, and reawaken the transformational role of our profession. During this conference I feel as though I succeed in accomplishing each of these.
During the next few days I will talk about 2 sessions per post that reflect on the sessions I went to. Here are a list of the sessions that I went to:
- Leveraging Your Skills for the Next Professional Level: Re-Imagining Your Strengths
- Re-Envisioning the Art of War: Leadership for New Professionals
- Advising Through Change
- Re-Inventing Leadership Programming with an Intentional and Strategic Theme
- Our iPad Experiment: Re-Imagining Our Campus and Our Learning
- Advice for Meeting Student Career Needs for the Non-Career Counselor
- Re-Imagining the Way You Use Social Media as a Professional