ETHICAL LEADERSHIP IN HIGHER EDUCATION
- Demonstrate understanding of the effective academic and student affairs leader
- Demonstrate understanding of leadership theories
- Demonstrate understanding of leadership practice informed by theory
- Demonstrate understanding of staff evaluation, budgeting, staff development
- Demonstrate understanding of ethical decision-making
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of grant-writing in creative, entrepreneurial leadership
- Reaction Papers- #1 and #2
- Facilitated Dialogue- Are We There Yet- EDU 564
- Decision-Making Application
- Use media information retrieval systems to obtain sufficient literature related to topics to be researched.
- Develop a testable hypothesis with specific indication of subjects, measures, and expected results.
- Select an appropriate sampling procedure for the research topic investigated.
- Identify how validity, reliability and standard error of measurement are used to interpret obtained scores.
- Select an appropriate research design to collect data to test the hypothesis.
- Identify procedures to minimize the threats to the internal validity of the research design used to test the hypothesis.
- Select the appropriate statistical analysis method to test the hypothesis.
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of different types of scores used to interpret performance on data collection instruments.
- Identify the appropriate research strategies and statistical analysis methods for different types of research question.
- Demonstrate the use of appropriate professional format in preparation of research report.
- Demonstrate a professional application of ethical procedures in conducting research with diverse groups of people.
- Research Assignment
SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT & ORGANIZATIONAL THEORY (ELECTIVE)
- Understand and be able to apply systems thinking concepts and systems orientation to management and organizations.
- Utilize organization theory to better apply systems thinking.
- Build an interactive and interdependent learning system capable of achieving both individual and program objectives.
- Learn how to achieve an organizational fit between dynamic social and technical system.
- Explore the promise and pitfalls of applying systems thinking in organizations given the participant’s position in the system.